MandM has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mandm.org.nz/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, 30 November 2006

Laboratory Workers Strike

The Laboratory Workers Union Strikes officially began yesterday. I have to say I am really peeved.

I am peeved because striking reminds my of my youngest children's responses to not getting their own way. A big tantrum with lots of screaming and demanding and outrage and self-pity combined with a refusal to stop unless they get their own way.

Don't get me wrong, I support workers rights and I think people should be paid for a days work and paid well if they bring good skills to the job and that they should have safe working environments too. I also think that they are perfectly entitled to voice their concerns and enter into negotiations if things become unjust. I have no issue with the use of negotiations, lobbying, etc.. but striking? Its just so childish.

Not to mention how many innocent people get hurt by strikes - strikes are the workers equivalent of food and trade sanctions on a foreign country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Design by Madeleine Flannagan 2008

Back to TOP