MandM has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mandm.org.nz/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, 8 December 2008

One More Sleep: Over and Out

This is my last post before Cervical Arthroplasty surgery tomorrow to remove two discs in my neck and replace them with artificial metal ones. My surgeon says it is a straight-forward procedure and there is nothing to worry about; he also said "We make an incision in the front of your neck and we cut the damaged discs away from your spinal cord, possible side effects include death, nerve damage and paralysis." Easy for him to say don't worry.

Whilst I am not looking forward to tomorrow at all I am looking forward to the hope that by this time tomorrow the corner will have been turned on the pain, the drugs and all the hassles I have lived with since my car accident back in March; I will finally be able to begin moving forward.

Going on the log flume ride at Rainbow's end last week and being struck with pain and feeling like bone was scraping on bone in my neck, as the boat jerked after the ride pulled it up to the next level (I was fine on the slides), reinforced that I have to do this; the log flume ride is hardly adventurous and yet when I got off it I was shaken, I had an instant headache and my neck was mad at me.

I do not know when I will be up to blogging again, it will all depend on the success of the surgery and my pain levels post-op. I do intend to take the laptop with me into hospital but it has no internet connection and who knows if I will be able to type or think - mostly I am taking it to be able to watch DVD's.

I do not know how much blogging Matt will be able to do since I won't be able to edit his posts (he has a typing impairment) and he will be holding the fort at home but rest assured we will be back.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Madeline,
    The operation doesn't sound too nice, I'll definitely be praying for you and the family. Romans 8:28 is always a good verse, "For Christians, all things will work together for good." (my version)

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for you.

    Isa 41:10 NIV
    So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand


    Is Matt domesticated? :) Blokes usually find it hard to look after the kids and run the house, perhaps I should be praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't be praying for you, but I hope it goes well. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Design by Madeleine Flannagan 2008

Back to TOP