MandM has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.mandm.org.nz/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, 21 March 2009

"Tweet This" for Blogger with no Log In and Shortened URL!

I finally found a Tweet This add-on for blogger that does everything I want it to including automatically shortening the page URL.

I had looked all over and tried several options but they either required tweeters to log in even if they were already logged in or they did not include any text or they were not blog entry specific or they had vague instructions like "put this code where you want it to show up" or they failed to shorten the URL and came up too long or they plain just didn't work.

Blogger Buster to the rescue - Amanda has just released her version and like all her add-ons it was simple, easy to follow, practical and worked! If you are already logged in it goes straight to your Twitter home page, it comes up with a shortened URL, a recommendation/explanation and the title of the blog entry you are wanting to tweet.

The only thing I changed was where she had "I'm reading: " I extended it to read "I'm reading MandM's:" and I changed where she suggested it should sit (style preference) and I added a space after "Tweet This! " in the last line of the code.

5 comments:

  1. Hello

    I actually linked you from Amanda's comments.

    Do you have to have a twitter account for it to work? I've installed the code but I see no icon/difference on my site.

    http://thrillfiction2009.blogspot.com/

    Come to that I see none on yours. How does this work?

    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to have a twitter account to be able to use it but you will be able to intall it regardless.

    Mine shows up when you view the actual page the blog entry is on, you cannot see them from the main blog page - click on a blog title and then see the icon and "tweet this" at the bottom of the post above the comments in the author/tag footer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Madeleine.
    Seems to have worked just fine.
    JT

    ReplyDelete
  4. <p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style=""><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Thanks for the tip. </span></span>
    <p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style=""><span style="font-family: Calibri;">I managed to embed the badge to my posts and now people are tweeting my stuff! :)</span></span>
    <p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style=""><span style="font-family: Calibri;">http://mobilespoon.blogspot.com</span></span>

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

  © Blogger template 'Grease' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Design by Madeleine Flannagan 2008

Back to TOP